Herbal Power Peel Resurfacing Exfoliant Powder is versatile and may be used as a scrub, mask or deeper peeling treatment. Please note that redness, tingling and an unusual lingering prickly sensation are normal and not an indication of a negative reaction. Herbal Power Peel is quite active so we recommend taking a conservative approach. The depth of the peel is determined by the amount, time and how vigorously the product is massaged into the skin.
ACNE/OILY/CONGESTED SKIN PROTOCOL
Mix a pinch of peel powder with 1-2 teaspoons of any facial cleanser or Herbal Power Peel Pigment Blaster Skin Wash for pigmentation. Apply mixture and scrub the skin using circular motions for 2-3 minutes keeping skin wet with water. Allow to dry for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well and apply protective skin care products. You may feel a tingling prickly sensation that indicates the treatment is working. For more intensive treatment, mix powder with an alpha hydroxy facial wash.
Optional: A splash of about 1/2 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide may also be added to the peel mixture to increase penetration. Use 1-3 times per week.
* In all protocols, it is not recommend using only water as an activator because water evaporates quickly and does not provide enough glide on the skin.
RESURFACING TREATMENT PROTOCOL
For Microdermabrasion like results, mix about 1/2 teaspoon of powder with 1 Tablespoon facial cleanser, Herbal Power Peel Pigment Blaster Skin Wash, moisturizer, jojoba or flax oil. A splash of 1/2 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide may be added to combination of liquids. Scrub skin for 4-6 minutes keeping skin wet with water. Allow product to remain on skin for 5-10 minutes. You will experience some redness, tingling, discomfort and prickly sensations that may last for up to 24 hours. Rinse and apply protective products. (The addition of 3% hydrogen peroxide is optional and aids in penetration) Some flaking may occur in the next 2-3 days. Use 1-3 times per month.
Mix about 1/2 teaspoon of peel powder with any prepared mask, aloe, clay, yogurt etc. and apply as a mask. Do not scrub the skin. Cover with a damp cloth and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Use weekly.
ADVANCED DEEPER PEELING TREATMENT
Wear gloves. Clean skin with alcohol. Protect vulnerable areas like corners of nose and mouth with vaseline. Mix 1 teaspoon of peel powder with 1 Tablespoon facial cleanser, Herbal Power Peel Pigment Blaster Skin Wash, or any moisturizer. Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide may be added to any of the suggested activators. Keep skin wet by adding water during the scrubbing. Scrub the skin for 6-10 minutes then cover face with a cloth soaked in water and a splash of about 1/2 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Leave on as a mask for 20-30 minutes. Rinse and do not apply anything for 24 hours. Skin will become quite pink, sensitive, irritated and prickly. On day 2, wash with gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. Apply Vaseline or Aquaphor several times per day until skin is peeled and healed. Mist or splash skin with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of water to cleanse, soften, balance ph and calm skin. For more intensive treatment, repeat peel process on day 2. Expect light to moderate peeling for 3-6 days. Use every 4-6 weeks.
* Do not perform deeper peel if prone to oral herpes. Take an antiviral before, during and after the peel.
* Do not use any acids, scrubs, Retin-A, or tanning 1 week prior and 3 weeks post peel. No accutane for 1 year prior.
* Never pull off any loose or hanging skin. Trim off with small scissors.
* Darker and Ethnic skin types must pre-treat with pigment lighteners 1 month prior, during and 1 month after peel to avoid PIH (post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation)
* Repeated peels may be necessary for best results.
* Do not use Herbal Power Peel on large parts of the body at one time.
* Apply regenerative products post peel to aid in rebuilding skin barrier.
* For pigmentation, use a lightening product in conjunction to expedite lightening.
* Do not expose the skin to sun! Use full sunblock.
* * Please note that the peel will react very differently on the body than on the face. The face will react more and will peel more than the body because the face contains more fat, blood flow, and vascularity than the body. Many times the body will not peel very much and may just become very dry and flaky. This is very normal for any type of chemical peel. Other factors determining how much peeling will occur will depend on how thick or thin the skin is, how oily or dry, dark or light complexion, sensitivity, ethnicity etc.
DISCLAIMER: Due to the individual nature of the skin, we cannot guarantee any specific results. Seller is not held responsible for use or misuse of product. The outcome can vary on an individual basis and no immediate or permanent results are promised. It is not recommend using only water as an activator because water evaporates quickly and does not provide enough glide on the skin. Overly aggressive scrubbing could result in micro-tears and stretching of the pores. Always perform a patch test for reactions, sensitivities and allergies. Not recommended for use on extremely sensitive skin, eczema, dermatitis, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Darker and ethnic skin types could have darkening due to post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and must use a lightening agent before, during and after the deeper peel. Do not use on large areas of the body at one time. Please use responsibly and at your own risk!!